PASTOR OMAN IS ON VACATION 6/19 – 7/6. Thank you to Barb Busboom for leading us in worship on Sunday morning. We will not have Sunday evening worship until July 12th. If you have a pastoral emergency please call Rev. Jay Johnson at: 217-552-0011.
Lifetree café WEDNESDAY NIGHT AT 6:30 PM: Wednesday’s program titled “A Father’s Power: How Dads Shape Us-for Better or Worse,” includes a filmed interview with former gang member and current father Mark DeEzparza.
“I can’t recall a time I was really engaged or active with my father,” says DeEsparza. “I watched other children spending time with their fathers, fishing or going to games and being engaged. I looked for that growing up and couldn’t find it.”
VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL IS COMING! VBS will be SonTreasure Island will be held Monday July 20 – Wednesday July 22, from 6:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. for children 3 y/o thru 6th grade. Watch for the date and sign-up sheets for helpers.
SUMMER CANDLEWOOD LUNCH PROGRAM: Several Mahomet churches are once again providing lunches at Candlewood Mobile Estates Park. NBLC is responsible for the week of June 22-26. In the past we have served between 40 & 60 children and adults each day. We need volunteers to provide a main entree and dessert each day as well as servers each day. Please contact Mary Alumbaugh (369-6353 or firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in helping. Thanks!
AMERICAN RED CROSS BLOOD DRIVE
JUNE 15 FROM 11 AM TO 4 PM
WORLD BLOOD DONOR DAY IS JUNE 14
REASONS TO DONATE BLOOD
- Blood cannot be manufactured, it can only come from generous donors
- Donating is safe and sterile, needles are used once then discarded
- The average adult has 10 pints of blood, 1 pint is given during a donation
- A healthy person may donate blood every 56 days
- Every 2 seconds someone in the U.S. needs blood
- More than 41,000 blood donations are needed every day
- Type O negative blood can be transfused to all blood types
- One donation can help save the lives of up to three people
- The actual donation takes 10-15 minutes, the total time takes about 1 hour
LET’S GET HEALTHY BY WALKING AS AN INDIVIDUAL OR A TEAM (ON YOUR OWN TIME) TO BETHLEHEM
- Record miles on Sunday at church and see how many miles we have gone
- Form a team – family, friends or co-workers
- Youth challenge – sports, band, other outdoor activities will count for miles toward our goal to reach Bethlehem by Advent
- If you did the Walk for Water we will count those miles
- If you exercise then every 20 minutes will count as 1 mile
- Biking, running and using a treadmill/etc count as the miles done for that activity
REMEMBER 6,296 MILES FROM MAHOMET TO BETHLEHEM
WALK BEGINS JUNE 14 AND ENDS NOVEMBER 26. WATCH FOR MORE DETAILS
HELPING HANDS SPRING AND SUMMER CLOTHES DONATION. A box has been placed under the coat rack in the Narthex to collect spring and summer clothes for infants to adults. If you have cleaned out your closets or dressers and have things you would like to donate here is your chance to get rid of those things.
THE NEXT NORTH AMERICAN LUTHERAN CHURCH CONVOCATION will be held this August in Dallas, TX. The dates are: Wednesday August 12 through Friday, August 14th. The theme is a very timely theme: Martyr, Life-giving Witness; and is based on Acts 26:16-18. Many of our brothers and sisters in the faith are facing martyrdom for the Name of Jesus; this will be a time to hear their witness, to keep them in prayer, and to be strengthened in faith as the world becomes increasingly hostile to the message of Jesus. This is also the business meeting of the NALC. We need a voting delegate to attend. If you would like to attend, or would like more information, please contact Pastor Oman.