COMMUNION: All are welcome to receive the Lord’s Body and Blood who are baptized in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit and believe that Jesus Christ, crucified and risen, is truly present in, with and under the forms of bread and wine for the forgiveness of sins, life & salvation.
The center section of each Communion tray has two types of glasses. There are glasses with white grape juice, and also glasses with a lesser amount of wine. Please feel free to take which ever will best meet your needs. The communion bread is gluten-free.
THE SUNDAY MORNING CLASS IS STUDYING HEBREWS. We always review, so feel free to join the class at any time. We meet upstairs.
Sunday evening worship will resume starting Sunday, June 7th, at 6:00 p.m. If you aren’t available for worship Sunday morning, plan to gather for worship on Sunday evening.
Lifetree café WEDNESDAY NIGHT AT 6:30 PM: Wednesday’s program titled “Has God Left the Building?” features filmed interviews with several experts on the American church, including Steve Hewitt, a writer for American Church Magazine.
“Statistically the church in America has been dying since the 1970s,” says Hewitt. “In a decade the church in America is going to have a whole different look: what it is and where it is. And what about all of these empty church buildings?”
SUMMER GET TOGETHER! Join us Saturday, June 13th at 4:30 pm at the Riverview Retreat Center, 428 County Road 2500 N, for fun, worship and dinner! This is a great opportunity to bring family and friends for fellowship and a casual worship setting.
VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL IS COMING! VBS will be SonTreasure Island will be held Monday July 20 – Wednesday July 22, from 6:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. for children 3 y/o thru 6th grade. Watch for the date and sign-up sheets for helpers.
SUMMER CANDLEWOOD LUNCH PROGRAM: Several Mahomet churches are once again providing lunches at Candlewood Mobile Estates Park. NBLC is responsible for the week of June 22-26. In the past we have served between 40 & 60 children and adults each day. We need volunteers to provide a main entree and dessert each day as well as servers each day. Please contact Mary Alumbaugh (369-6353 or firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in helping. Thanks!
AMERICAN RED CROSS BLOOD DRIVE
JUNE 15 FROM 11 AM TO 4 PM
WORLD BLOOD DONOR DAY IS JUNE 14
REASONS TO DONATE BLOOD
- Blood cannot be manufactured, it can only come from generous donors
- Donating is safe and sterile, needles are used once then discarded
- The average adult has 10 pints of blood, 1 pint is given during a donation
- A healthy person may donate blood every 56 days
- Every 2 seconds someone in the U.S. needs blood
- More than 41,000 blood donations are needed every day
- Type O negative blood can be transfused to all blood types
- One donation can help save the lives of up to three people
- The actual donation takes 10-15 minutes, the total time takes about 1 hour
LET’S GET HEALTHY BY WALKING AS AN INDIVIDUAL OR A TEAM (ON YOUR OWN TIME) TO BETHLEHEM
- Record miles on Sunday at church and see how many miles we have gone
- Form a team – family, friends or co-workers
- Youth challenge – sports, band, other outdoor activities will count for miles toward our goal to reach Bethlehem by Advent
- If you did the Walk for Water we will count those miles
- If you exercise then every 20 minutes will count as 1 mile
- Biking, running and using a treadmill/etc count as the miles done for that activity
REMEMBER 6,296 MILES FROM MAHOMET TO BETHLEHEM
WALK BEGINS JUNE 14 AND ENDS NOVEMBER 26. WATCH FOR MORE DETAILS
HELPING HANDS SPRING AND SUMMER CLOTHES DONATION. A box has been placed under the coat rack in the Narthex to collect spring and summer clothes for infants to adults. If you have cleaned out your closets or dressers and have things you would like to donate here is your chance to get rid of those things.